What mask should I wear for the new coronavirus? Are ordinary masks useful?
The main mode of transmission of the new coronavirus is droplet transmission, so we need to wear masks to protect ourselves. Let me introduce what masks should be worn for the new coronavirus and whether ordinary masks are useful.
Common masks include paper masks, cotton masks, sponge masks, activated carbon masks, etc. These ordinary masks are difficult to effectively protect against droplets in the air. They can at most prevent us from inhaling haze, so they are not very useful. We should wear medical surgical masks or professional masks such as N95, KN95, DS2, FFP2.
The most effective masks are professional masks such as N95, KN95, and DS2. These masks refer to masks that have 95% or more non-oily particles, that is, a type of mask that has a very good filtering effect.
If you cannot buy the above-mentioned professional masks, disposable medical surgical masks are also available, which can also prevent respiratory infections to a certain extent.
When wearing a mask, you should keep the mask clean and dry. It is best to change the mask every 2 to 4 hours. Professional masks such as N95 masks can be changed every 1 to 2 days. If the mask is damp or contaminated, please change the mask in time.
Please discard disposable masks in time after use. Professional masks such as N95 and disposable medical surgical masks are all dry garbage.
If you really cannot buy a mask, please reduce the number of times you go out, especially don't go to crowded places such as hospitals, supermarkets, etc., and properly strengthen exercise to enhance your own immunity.
1. Ordinary masks cannot effectively prevent infection. Medical surgical masks or professional masks such as N95, KN95, DS2, FFP2, etc. should be worn.
2. Professional masks such as N95 are the most effective masks, which can effectively prevent infection.
3. Disposable medical masks also have a certain effect on preventing infection. If you do not come into contact with patients, you can wear disposable medical masks.
4. Please keep the mask clean and dry. Disposable medical masks should be replaced every 2 to 4 hours. Professional masks can be replaced once a day.
5. Masks are dry garbage, please discard used masks in time.
6. If you do not have a mask, please reduce the frequency of going out, especially do not go to densely populated areas such as hospitals, supermarkets, etc.; properly strengthen exercise to enhance your own immunity.